Whether you are planning an elegant feast, a casual supper or a cozy dinner, deciding on the right menu is the start to creating a memorable evening. The dishes served are important but don't forget about the drinks that accompany them. Trust us, great drinks will earn you major dinner party cred.
This season, Herradura and el Jimador tequilas help you get your guests absolutely giddy during your dinner party with these festive cocktail recipes.
To set the evening in motion, welcome your guests with the Under the Mistletoe or Holly Freeze cocktail. These two are sure to put even the biggest Scrooge into a jolly mood, at least for a night.
After dinner, skip the coffee or hot chocolate, and serve the dessert-worthy Frosty Chocolate Caf?® instead. It's the perfect way to close an impressive evening. Below you will find the whole recipes for these tasty cocktails.
ÔÇó 1 ?¢ oz. Herradura Silver
ÔÇó 1 oz. melon liqueur
ÔÇó Squeeze fresh lime juice
1. Shake tequila, melon liqueur and lime juice with ice for 15 seconds.
2. Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a lime.
Under the Mistletoe
ÔÇó 2 oz. Herradura Reposado
ÔÇó ?¥ oz. Fresh squeezed lemon juice
ÔÇó ?¢ oz. Simple syrup
ÔÇó ?¢ oz. egg white
ÔÇó ?¢ oz. red wine ÔÇô Zinfandel works best here
Glass: Coupe (or classic cocktail glass)
Garnish: Red wine float
1. Place Herradura Reposado, lemon juice, simple syrup and egg white into an empty shaker.
2. Close shaker and shake with no ice, this technique is known as dry shaking and it emulsifies the egg leaving the drink light and fluffy.
3. Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
4. Strain into a chilled coupe/cocktail glass.
5. Float the red wine over the foam.
Frosty Chocolate Caf?®
ÔÇó 1 1/2 oz. el Jimador Reposado
ÔÇó 1/2 oz. Kahlua?«
ÔÇó 1 oz. mango nectar
ÔÇó 3 dashes of Tabasco?«
ÔÇó 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
ÔÇó 1/2 cup ice
Glass: Martini glass
Garnish: Chocolate shavings
1. Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Serve in chocolate-rimmed martini glass.