Compensation package is commensurate with experience.
Bonuses and retirement program are very generous.
LAGRANT COMMUNICATIONS is a full-service advertising, marketing, and public relations firm specializing in the Hispanic and African American Consumer Markets. We are looking for the right candidate to lead our Hispanic Practice, based in Los Angeles. The ideal candidate has:
1. Communication experience with significant media relations experience and established media contacts
2. Government and community relations experience with established relationships with Hispanic elected officials and community leaders
3. Communication experience targeting Hispanic consumers
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills
5. A history managing and developing employees
6. Enthusiasm and passion about the Latino consumer market
7. Established media and community stakeholder contacts
8. Consulting/Counseling clients experience is preferred
9. Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish)
10. New business development experience
SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Managing Director will be responsible for managing accounts and support staff. In this role, the Managing Director will also serve as the lead Latino point person at community and industry events, lead departmental meetings, and work closely with the President & CEO. The Managing Director will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
Additional responsibilities include the overall account management of respective accounts; the strategic direction of accounts to meet client objectives and goals; and management of staff and interns. Other duties include being present during client meetings and conference calls with staff; communicating with staff and clients about the account; providing communications and media support to account team for their events when additional assistance is needed; participating in strategic creative brainstorming meetings; and managing account budgets. Interacting with media and community leaders on a regular basis; representing the firm at events and meetings; participating in new business development projects; and going above and beyond the scope of work given are all essential components of this position.
1. Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English and/or Master's degree in Communication or Latin America Studies and/or Business Administration, with a minimum of five years of experience. Excellent oral and written communication skills (must provide samples of writing).
2. Ability to deliver results.
3. Social media knowledge and experience.
4. Management experience required, including leading a team, managing multiple employees and developing staff.
5. Experience and ability to provide strategic direction to clients, staff and the firm.
6. Uncanny ability to provide clients more than what is expected.
7. Ability to work with diverse communities, particularly the Hispanic community.
8. Must be well organized, flexible, have ability to manage multiple tasks, possess adequate time management skills, self-starter, ambitious, analytical, critical thinker, active listener and goal oriented.
9. Agency experience or knowledge of both PR/Communications/Latin America Studies are a plus.
10. Must have own car and be available to do evening and weekend assignments.
11. Knowledge of and familiarity with Macintosh computers.
12. A desire and proven track record to generate RESULTS!!!