Mothers play a crucial role in their children's financial success later in life. Here are five tips for parents:
1. Start early -- Before they even start school, children begin to understand the process of managing money
2. Set goals -- Have children write down things they want and what they cost. Teach them about making choices and saving
3. Pay a Modest Allowance ÔÇô Just a small amount can help children learn
4. Make a budget -- Start with three categories: spend, save, give
5. Use Free Resources -- Check out your local library, and the Hands on Banking?« website a parent-tested, parent-approved program available free at handsonbanking.org; Wells Fargo's children's financial success resource center at financial success resource center at; and your public library, which likely has a number of good books on the topic.