1 can (28 oz.) Hunt's?« Crushed Tomatoes
1 tbsp. Hunt's?« Tomato Paste
1 cup Hominy, drained
2 tbsp. Olive oil
2 Medium red onions, finely chopped
4 Gloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp Sugar
2 tsp Chipotle hot sauce (or more if desired)
4 cups Water
Salt and pepper
Queso fresco, grated
1. In a Dutch oven, heat olive oil on medium heat and cook onions until soft (about 2-3 minutes).
2. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
3. Add crushed tomatoes, paste, sugar, chipotle hot sauce and mix.
4. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add hominy and water.
6. Allow to simmer for 10 more minutes and then season with salt and pepper (add more water if too thick)
7. Serve soup and garnish with grated queso fresco, chopped cilantro and drizzled olive oil.