According to UnitedHealthcare's Medicare Made Clear Index survey, more than 1 in 5 older adults describes Medicare as confusing, and two-thirds of beneficiaries have never shopped around for Medicare coverage or haven't shopped in more than three years.
Hay Más Adelante, a series of health educational events, is visiting Los Angeles to help Hispanic seniors and other beneficiaries learn more about Medicare and their health care coverage options through a celebration of wellness and culture.
At the events, attendees will learn about the basics of Medicare – including the different parts of the program, eligibility requirements and enrollment windows – to help them make confident health care coverage decisions
The events will feature renowned keynote speakers to engage and motivate participants in a celebration of health:
• For the second consecutive year, television and movie star Erik Estrada, 68, joins the initiative to share his personal experience and insights on embracing aging with health and vitality.
• Attendees will learn how to prepare their favorite Latin meals in a healthier way with a local Latin Chef.
• A tech talk with expert Michael Vela about innovative tools and applications that help us plan for a healthy life at any age.
Events are free and open to the public and will be held at Plaza de la Raza on:
• Friday, August 18, at 6 p.m.
• Saturday, August 19, at 2:30 p.m.