Ivan De Paz launches boutique artist management agency
Published on LatinoLA: March 25, 2005
Ivan De Paz, formerly the driving force behind Arenas Entertainment?s talent division, announced today the launch of his new venture, DePAZ Management, a boutique artist management agency specializing in emerging and established Latino talent. De Paz kicks off his new venture with a strong roster of Latino artists from the United States, Mexico, South America and Spain, each uniquely poised for success.
?It?s not only personally gratifying to control one?s own destiny, but even more so to be fortunate enough to be able to offer my clients the undivided attention and strategic guidance they need,? says De Paz. ?Going off on my own affords me the freedom to carefully select my roster and make decisions for the benefit of my clients without answering to some arbitrary profit margins or assembly line management tactics. It unquestionably puts me in a unique position to make a greater impact on their success and that of DePAZ Management.?
De Paz has been hard at work since leaving Arenas October 15, 2004. Recent talent signings include:
* Venezuela native and former COVER GIRL Patricia Velasquez (pictured), whose recent film and television credits include Alfonso Arau?s ?Zapata,? Renny Harlin?s ?Mindhunters,? David Attwood?s ?Fidel,? and Stephen Sommers? ?The Mummy Returns,? as well as guest appearances on Fox?s ?Arrested Development,? NBC?s ?Ed? and PBS? ?American Family.?
* Argentina native Mariana Santangelo, whose film credits include Patricia Ferreira?s ?En la Puta Vida (Tricky Life)? and Beatriz Flores Silva?s ?El Alquimista Impaciente (The Impatient Alchemist).?
* Spain native Naim Thomas, one of the country?s most popular performers, whose films include Peter Greenaway?s ?The Tulse Luper Suitcases? Ventura Pons? ?Food of Love? and Marcos Zurinaga?s ?Lorca, Death of a Poet,? opposite Andy Garcia. His first CD, titled, ?No Tengo Prisa? reached number one in the Top-40 music charts in his native country, with the release of his first single, ?Cruel to be Kind.?
* Mexican actress Yareli Arizmendi whose film credits include Sergio Arau?s ?A Day without a Mexican? and Alfonso Arau?s ??Like Water for Chocolate.?
* Los Angeles native Yvonne DeLaRosa, whose film and television credits include Lorenzo Manetti?s ?Scrambled Eggs,? CBS? made-for-television movie, ?Helter Skelter? and The Hallmark Channel?s ?Mystery Woman,? as well as guest starring roles on ABC?s ?NYPD Blue,? CBS? ?Navy NCIS? and Lifetime?s ?Strong Medicine.?
In addition to Laura Ceron, best known for her ongoing portrayal of Nurse Chuny Marquez on NBC?s ?ER,? several of De Paz? long-time clients also joined him, including:
* Kuno Becker, the rising Mexican actor who continues to climb the ranks of young Hollywood with upcoming starring roles in Danny Cannon and Icon Pictures? trilogy ?Goal,? Ivan Passer and Milos Forman?s ?Nomad,? and Dexter Delara?s independent film, ?ESL.? Becker previously costarred in Christopher Hampton?s ?Imagining Argentina? opposite Antonio Banderas and Emma Thompson and made his film debut in Antonio Serrano?s ?Lucia, Lucia (La Hija del Canibal).?
* Eddy Martin, the up-and-coming young actor whose film and television credits include Steve Carr and 20th Century Fox?s upcoming release ?Rebound,? as well as James L. Brooks and Sony Pictures? ?Spanglish? and Salma Hayek and Showtime?s ?The Maldonado Miracle.? Martin also has been a series regular and made guest appearances on PBS? ?American Family,? CBS? ?Without a Trace? and Nickelodeon?s ?The Brothers Garcia.?
A veteran talent steward, De Paz realized the potential for success awaiting Latino artists in film and television long before many in the industry awoke to learn the results of the latest Census which clearly cemented Latinos as not only the fastest-growing but also the largest minority group in the United States. With a purchasing power in excess of $868 billion and representing 13 percent of the population (U.S. Census Bureau), Latinos have become a force to be reckoned with and an attractive demographic for content developers that recognize the importance of casting talent that speaks to a more multicultural America and the role they (Latinos) can play in the commercial success of a project or brand.
In addition to providing clients with individualized strategic counsel, staging suggestions and critical analysis of film, television, commercial and theatrical opportunities, De Paz Management also offers clients the benefit of its strategic alliances in the areas of marketing and publicity to ensure their profiles are elevated and their image is steadily built and protected as their careers continue to grow and develop.
For more information on DePAZ Management please call Ivan de Paz at (310) 409-8638 or email email@example.com.