First of all on behalf of Resurrection Blvd. Cast and Crew we thank you for all your support. This is a critical time for Resurrection Blvd. This month, in October, Showtime will be making a decision on whether they will be bringing back Resurrection Blvd. for a fourth season. We need your help and support and urge you to join our letter writing campaign. Please e-mail all your friends, colleagues, business associates and members of your organizations and have them send letters to the four individuals on the attached list.
The following are some key points that you might want to point out in your
* The groundbreaking show is the first dramatic series on American television to prominently feature Latinos both in front of and behind the camera, including actors, directors, writers and producers.
* In the three seasons the show has been on the air, hiring practices have fluctuated with employment opportunities for Latinos behind the camera from
* In front of the camera-Series Regulars (Main Cast) is 100% Latino
* Entering its third season in June of 2002, Resurrection Blvd. makes history marking it the first and longest-running Latino-supported dramatic series on television
* In its third year Showtime has created a better and successful programming block with Soul Food and Resurrection Blvd. Why change it now?
* During the time slot of 10:00-11:30 p.m. Showtime is pulling in better numbers than HBO
* It is mportant to point out that the Nielsen Ratings under-represent us (Latinos) by 25-30% (Nielsen admits this fact).
* Resurrection Blvd. is 13 episodes away from the required 66 episodes which would qualify the show for syndication
* Despite a limited advertising and marketing budget targeted at the Latino market the show has increased its viewership by over 25%
* With runaway production being a major concern, Resurrection Blvd. is the only show on Showtime that is shot in the United States.
Please write the following executives and urge them to keep Resurrection Blvd in its programming for a fourth season. You should mention that on June 24, 2002 Resurrection Blvd. was recognized and honored at the California State Capitol. Showtime Network Inc. in particular was cited for demonstrating real commitment and interest in improving diversity in the American television industry as well as developing substantive Latino programs.
Mail letters to the following:
10880 Wilshire Blvd. 16th floor
Los Angeles, CA 90024
President, Viacom Television
10880 Wilshire Blvd. 11th floor
Los Angeles, CA 90024
New York, NY 10019
Johnathan L. Dolgen
Chairman, Viacom Entertainment Group
5555 Melrose Ave
Administration Bldg. #200
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Please, this call to action is urgent since the decision will be made this month! Again, thank you for your continued support. Should you have any questions, please contact Liz Chavez at (310) 306-4193 or e-mail her at email@example.com