Director of Information Technology - Position Filled
Job Opportunity at Liberman Broadcasting
Published on LatinoLA: May 12, 2008
This position has been filled.
We are Liberman Broadcasting, Inc. (‘«£LBI‘«ō) the largest privately-owned Spanish broadcasting company with five TV stations and 21 radio stations operating in California, Texas and Utah. We are looking for a well-rounded, top performer who can be a key contributor in a high-energy growth environment. The Director of Information Technology shall provide, operate, and maintain computing equipment and services that meets the needs of the administrative and production functions of the Company. The Director of IT is responsible for all aspects of information technology management and control, including supervision of IT employees, recommendations for technical acquisitions and development of guidelines, standards and procedures. The Director of IT is charged with strategic planning, tactical action and operational decision-making to fulfill the mission of the IT department. The successful candidate will possess initiative and drive, have broad relevant technical knowledge with good management expertise and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Summary of essential job functions
* Provide leadership, vision, and management to the IT department.
* Work with Executive Management and Engineering departments to asses and respond to Company IT needs.
* Provide day-to-day supervision, conduct performance appraisals, and delegate work assignments for all IT personnel.
* Assist in recruiting, hiring, and providing appropriate training for IT support staff.
* To develop and maintain effective working relationships when performing assigned responsibilities.
* To ensure the continual functioning of Company critical operations.
* Supervise the ordering, acquisition, inventorying, and disposition of hardware and software.
* Serve as primary contact with outside vendors in the generation of RFP‘«÷s, bids, contracts, agreements and other major vendor interactions.
* Bachelor‘«÷s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or related field and five years management/leadership experience. Master‘«÷s degree in computer science or related field is preferred.
* Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills. Understanding of Sox compliance is a plus.
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
* Excellent software, analytical and leadership skills.
* Experience thinking critically about systems and workflow, and identifying needs for development.
* Attention to detail, organized and thorough, with desire for continuous improvement.
* Documented working experience with Microsoft Windows Environment, including MS-SQL 2000 and Microsoft.
* Exchange 2000 and 2003, and Server 2000 and 2003 as well as Internet Information Server and all Microsoft Office products. Proficiency in the installation, setup and use of Great Plains accounting software and experience with Marketron and Audio Vault is a plus. Proficiency in spam prevention, routing, firewalls, modems, and all data-com wiring.
* Team player with a positive attitude and a focus on business issues.
* The ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
* Valid CA Drivers License with insurance.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred and have the ability to lift 50 pounds, bend, twist, pull, push, work on ladders and in confined spaces. Successful candidate will be required to be on-call 24/7 and will be required to do some air travel.
David Mu??oz, Jr.
Director of Human Resources
Liberman Broadcasting, Inc.
1845 Empire Ave.
Burbank, CA 90504
Fax: (818) 729-5674
Post your free job listings. Email complete info to <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com</a>