Position Title: Mentoring and After School Programs Coordinator
Reports to: Programs Director
Position Summary: SALEF is seeking a full-time Pico-Union Mi Futuro Program Coordinator to oversee and coordinate the program's activities. The program manager will ensure the program's goals are achieved through service provision, utilizing activities such as classroom presentations, mentor and mentee recruitment, organizing academic workshops, leadership development, and university tours to student and their parents. Also, the program manager will organize the Annual Youth Conference. The position requires extensive work with high school students, their parents, and local universities.
Additional Qualifications Include:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 3 years working with youth, schools, and academic programs in the Latino and other ethnic communities of greater Los Angeles.
- Must posses a minimum of 2 years experience working with youth through mentoring program(s) in non-profit, community- based organization(s).
- Knowledge of the four systems of higher education, college application, admissions as well as the public education system (K-12).
- Basic computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Previous experience with program coordination & development; also supervision of volunteers.
- Must possess strong record of working with youth in academic setting, event planning, outreach and public speaking skills.
- The ideal candidate will be committed to the mission, vision and values of SALEF and should value working with the Latino community and other constituencies.
- Possess excellent written, oral, interpersonal, organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, detailed-oriented, organized, follow directions; set and meet goals and objectives in a timely fashion.
- Must be professional with the ability to work independently as well as a team player; must be dedicated, assume responsibility and accountability.
- Willing to go beyond the call of duty and have a flexible schedule.
- Must be bilingual in both English/Spanish and have reliable transportation.
COMPENSATION: Salary: commensurate upon experience. Excellent benefits.
Please fax your resume and cover letter to Delmy Ruiz, Programs Director at (213) 487-2530 or e-mail it to email@example.com.