An integrated marketing communications firm specializing in the Hispanic and African American consumer markets.
Full-Time with Benefits, 40 Hours+/week
$31,250 - $52,750 plus bonus
The account supervisor is responsible for the overall strategic direction and day-to-day management of activities of assigned account(s), while also managing projects and providing support for other accounts as needed. The account supervisor will report to an off-site supervisor in the Dallas, TX office. This individual must be a quick learner and while having the skills to work independently, the account supervisor will also work with other members of the firm. The account supervisor will also research material for clients; be present during client meetings and conference calls; actively participate in meetings; manage monthly budgets for account/clients; develop media materials (i.e. press releases, feature stories, media alerts, fact sheets, biographies, general correspondences and new business proposals); interact with the local, regional, and national media on a regular basis; establish and maintain relationships with community leaders and community influencers; and go above and beyond the scope of work given. The account supervisor will also manage an employee and the account(s) assigned to this individual.
1. Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Advertising or English.
2. Five to six years experience in public relations, communications, marketing or advertising.
3. Strong writing skills.
4. Knowledge of Macintosh computers.
5. Must be well organized, flexible, have ability to manage multiple tasks, possess adequate time management skills, self-starter, ambitious, analytical, critical thinker, active listener and goal oriented.
6. Ability to work with diverse communities.
7. Ability to work as a team player.
8. Bilingual in Spanish and English.
9. Understanding of the U.S. Hispanic market.
10. Relationships with Hispanic community leaders, organizations and media helpful.
11. Management experience a plus.
12. Account management experience required.